- Go Hiking
- Get Involved
- Be Informed
- Trail Store
- Our Community
- About Us
Welch Trail Education Center
Welch Trail Education Center is a Harriman State Park Group Camp leased by the New York-New Jersey Trail Conference to house service corps members, volunteers, meetings, and workshops.
- Large dining hall and meeting space (Includes refridgerators, stove, pots, pans, dishware, washer and dryer, and library)
- Cabins for Service Corps Members (include bed, desk, chair, and shelf)
- Bunk house for volunteers (10 beds)
- Plenty of tent space
- Dock and water front on Lower Twin Lake
- Hot Showers (when water is turned on during the summer season)
- Poor/non existent cell phone service
Volunteers with the New York-New Jersey Trail Conference are welcome to stay at the Welch Trail Education Center while volunteering in the region to make their commute easier.
- Tent (if there is not an available bed in the Bunk House)
- Sleeping bag/bedding
- Water (if the water has not yet been turned on for the summer season)
If interested in staying at the Welch Trail Education Center or utilizing the facility YOU MUST contact Ama - [email protected] - 616-337-2481 at least 48 hours in advance due to poor cell phone service and locked gate
The Welch Trail Education Center is in a gated group camps area of Harriman State Park on the south side of Route 6 between I87 and Palisades Interstate Parkway.
We are in need of lightly used or new:
- Kitchen Knives
- Indoor and Outdoor Games
- DVDs and Videos
- Plants and Gardening Supplies
Contractors or handy persons:
If you are a liscensed contractor in Orange County or just a handy person and would like to donate your services toward fixing up the Welch Trail Education Center, your help is welcome!
If you would like to donate finacially to the maintenance, repair, or general operation of the facility, please click to donte. Be sure to put "Welch Trail Education Center" in the Special Instructions box.
If you would like to donate any of these items, please contact Ama - [email protected] - 616-337-2481