Create a group
- Create content - create a group and select if public or private
- On the group page click on the pages tab
- Give it the same name and fill in the url with group url and check publish, then submit e.g. url will be www.nynjtc.org/group/newgroup/newgroup.
- A panel page pops up, so select a layout (Two column stacked_third is a good choice)
- On the list of pages select this new page as the home page and save
- You can now edit this page and put content on it. You can also add other pages as tabs.
- There are a few blocks that are convenient to add: The Welcome block goes in the header and tells what the group is about. The Discussion block goes in the wide right column and provides a river of news where group posts wind up.
- Other blocks to consider adding are a list of members, meeting schedules, etc.