- Go Hiking
- Get Involved
- Be Informed
- Trail Store
- Our Community
- About Us
Sterling Forest Trail Project
Posted March 12th, 2015 by ErikM
Project date:Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 9:00am - 5:00pm
Project/Trail Location:Sterling Forest State Park
Project Description:Sterling Forest Trails Project Build and repair trails in Sterling State Park with the Sidehillbillies, assited by AmeriCorps members from end of May to October. Projects include opening trail coorridors, trail tread repair and improvement, erosion mitigation and drainage, and technical dry masonry throughout the park.
- No experience is necessary, we will provide the training on site
- Work trips are led by the NYNJTC's AmeriCorps members, experienced volunteer crew leaders, or on-staff trail builders.
- Tool, gloves, safety glasses, and hard hats will be provided, but you are welcome to bring your own
- Wear sturdy shoes, and long pants; bring plenty of water, and a lunch if you plan to stay all day
- Please let us know you're coming beforehand, and wait for confirmation prior to traveling to a crew trip, so that we can notify you of any last minute changes
- Trail Conference membership is not required to participate
- Be advised: crew trips can be strenuous, and fun: be prepared to exercise your body and mind!
Contact name:Sona Mason
Contact phone:(201) 512-9348 x16
Unless noted otherwise, we will meet at the Sterling Forest Visitor Center: 116 Old Forge Road, Tuxedo, NY, 10987