2008-12-01 Web Design status meeting

Date: 
Monday, December 1, 2008 - 1:30pm - 3:30pm
Committee: 
Web Design
Agenda: 
Old Business:

1.Agenda modifications

2. Subteam status reports

* Business model (Ed)
* Content (Georgette)
* Technology (Walt)


3. Web redesign status

a. Review Trellon deliverables
* We still owe them Registration page pdf!
* Documentation status
b. Next steps to launch


4. Review open action items

a. See http://new.nynjtc.net/meeting/actions plus the old items (from Projjex) summarized in Dec01 actions.rtf

New Business:

Invite someone to next status meeting?
Attendees: 
Ann, Georgette, Doug, Ed, Walt, Ken Malkin
Minutes: 
Old Business:

1.Agenda modifications

2. Subteam status reports
* Business model (Ed)

1. Eric Werner contacted Ed again regarding volunteering for search optimization efforts. Action: Ed to check on status of Google grant.
2. Should we renew the NTEN membership? Action: Ed and Walt to decide.
3. Discussion of what staff should do in preparation for launch of new site. They can look at the site and gather comments by page URL for us. It is a bit premature for them to spend a lot of effort as they can't really do any daily activities on the site. Action: Ed to spread the word to staff to try the site.

* Content (Georgette)

1. Phil has completed the NJ parks.
2. Phil will do some work on parks in the NY regions. We are seeking volunteers to help with the NY parks.

* Technology (Walt)

1. We have engaged a new service provider for the site. Walt has copied everything to the new server but needs to do a refresh as people are still updating the Web site on the old server. He expects to flip over to the new server within the week. Action: Flip DNS switch over to new server.
2. There are still performance problems with our Drupal implementation. Organic groups is one of the known performance bottlenecks. Walt will discuss options with Trellon -- one possibility is to split the groups stuff out so regular users don't get hit with the performance slowdown.


3. Web redesign status
a. Review Trellon deliverables

* We still owe them Registration page pdf!
Doug will make a new jpg for the user account pages today. Walt will investigate the account panel tab that appears when it logically shouldn't (i.e. before one is logged in).
* Documentation status
The custom module documentation that Trellon added is sufficient for Walt's needs.

b. Next steps to launch

* Action: We need to add a "Page Owner" field to every page so we know who is responsible for ensuring the content is current and relevant. Walt to do?
* Action: Ken Malkin volunteered to automate the volunteer forms -- one for each committee. It was suggested that we should look at the form used by the Georgia AT site.
* We demoed the Requirement database that Ann added to the site. Action: Ann needs to fix the Project field so one can add a new project.
* We talked a little about the need for training of staff and committee volunteers in the care of the site.


4. Review open action items
a. See http://new.nynjtc.net/meeting/actions plus the old items (from Projjex) summarized in Dec01 actions.rtf
We did a cursory review of open action items. Most are assigned to Walt and Walt said he'd review and update them for the next meeting.

New Business:

* Ken Malkin joined the group as he is interested in helping develop the site to meet the needs of the Trails Council.
* Invite someone to next status meeting? Not this time. Next meeting is 12/17.
Groups: