2009-03-09 Web Design status call

Date: 
Monday, March 9, 2009 - 1:30pm - 2:30pm
Location: 
Conference call
Committee: 
Web Design
Agenda: 

Old Business:

1. Agenda modifications

Conference call using free conference line

2. Review launch status and set goals for next week.

  • Items in last week's minutes
  • Items for Trellon to do
    • OCA map error 29
    • mark as member if checked TC member on registration
    • what happens if we set membership on payment received instead of complete and set price computation to at end of transaction
    • explain NYNJ_custom config page and required USPS setup
    • anon feedback and view forum
  • Other launch issues and things needed.

3. Specific action items requiring discussion.

See /meeting/actions

4. Subteam status reports


* Business model (Ed)
* Content (Georgette)
* Technology (Walt)

New Business:


1. Planning for Phase 2

2. Next meeting

at TC office?
Invite someone to next status meeting?

Attendees: 
Ann, Walt, Georgette
Minutes: 

Old Business:

1. Agenda modifications

Conference call using free conference line

2. Review launch status and set goals for next week.

  • Items in last week's minutes
    • Staffing page: Walt to add contact forms  (/user/number/contact)
    • Ann to remind Ed he owes us thoughts on AdWords objectives.
  • Items for Trellon to do (most are new items;  Ann to communicate to Alonza)
    • OCA map -- error 29 when trying to pay with credit card
    • mark as member if checked TC member on registration
    • what happens if we set membership on payment received instead of complete and set price computation to at end of transaction
    • explain NYNJ_custom config page and required USPS setup
    • anon feedback and view forum
    • Existing Trellon work orders:
      • #1: Gift memberships -- we need to review what we need from Trellon -- not yet working to our satisfaction; May want to ask for Trellon help exporting info to ebase or QuickBooks -- Walt to work with Gary and Josh this week on this.
      • #2: Walt to look at way to make it easy to make all the zebras on the site two-tone tan.  (We only asked Trellon to address the hikes and parks.)
      • #3: Breadcrumbs still flaky -- need to tell Trellon which are still not working.  (e.g. Volunteer Now)
      • #4: Register page needs new images from Doug. (We have find them.  Walt will try to add them in.)
      • #5: DONE.
      • Ubercart:  Need to rearrange some fields on membership form.  Walt to do based on Hedy's suggestions.
  • Other launch issues and things needed.

3. Specific action items requiring discussion.

See /meeting/actions

Most items are Walt's.  Ann urged that Phase 1 actions be completed (or moved to Phase 2) before we head into Phase 2.  

4. Subteam status reports


* Business model (Ed)
* Content (Georgette)  -- we have a growing team of content volunteers 

* Technology (Walt)

New Business:


1. Planning for Phase 2

Obvious hot topics: advocacy, trails, social networking

Use Google Analytics to help id most frequently reference pages on old site and move them first.

2. Next meeting

at TC office?  -- Yes, 3/16 at 1:30
Invite someone to next status meeting?

Groups: