Web Tech Phone Meeting Jan. 4

Date: 
Tuesday, January 4, 2011 - 9:00am - 10:00am
Location: 
Conference call
Committee: 
Web Design
Agenda: 
  1. D5 expiring membership email issue
  2. Status of D6
    • have to push calculate shipping to see prices - is wording change sufficient?
    • discount not showing on Review page - still open
    • left menu - no work
    • more work to do on imagecache categories - no feedback - ok as is
    • No resolution of layout of catalog pages - Ed's feedback
    • Look at Membership page and suggest adjustments
    • Look at checkout page and suggest adjustments (does not match D5)
    • Status report on order report
    • Revisit anonymous user donate without registration issue
    • bad path to images on tabs (sometimes)
  3. Outline announcement issues
    • web - on front page - what do we tell them is different
    • bulk email
    • what is different for the content team?
    • what is different for order processing?
  4. D5-D6 timeline - set schedule
    • punch list for the conversion process - remove 10% discount, etc.
Attendees: 
Walt, Bill, Kipp
Status of Minutes: 
Draft
Minutes: 
  1. D5 expiring membership email issue 
    Explained issue - no decision 
  2. Status of D6
    • have to push calculate shipping to see prices - is wording change sufficient?
      need to apply the D5 fix to suppress (Bill) the wording is insufficient
    • discount not showing on Review page - still open
      Now working (Ryan) config issue but with problems that still need more fixing
    • left menu - no work
    • more work to do on imagecache categories - no feedback - ok as is
      awaiting comments
    • No resolution of layout of catalog pages - Ed's feedback
    • Look at Membership page and suggest adjustments
      awaiting comments
    • Look at checkout page and suggest adjustments (does not match D5)
      Bill will fix css to suppress the useless discount code block (incorrectly tied to the config issue above)
      awaiting other comments
    • Status report on order report
      Kipp will fix link to orders and expose select by date
      Need input from Josh and Gary if ok
    • Revisit anonymous user donate without registration issue
      Walt will discuss more with Kevin
    • bad path to images on tabs (sometimes)
      Still a mystery - Kipp will look for some more clues - Bill and Walt out of clues
  3. Outline announcement issues
    • web - on front page - what do we tell them is different
      Think we can get away with a simple minor layout change in many places message, very few functional changes.
    • bulk email
      deferred to GW
    • what is different for the content team?
      needs work but need mostly affects only Catherine as the stuff others use is pretty much unchanged
    • what is different for order processing?
      order report may change backoffice process - some menu and layout changes
  4. D5-D6 timeline - set schedule
    • punch list for the conversion process - remove 10% discount, etc.
      deferred
Groups: