- Go Hiking
- Get Involved
- Be Informed
- Trail Store
- Our Community
- About Us
Posted May 10th, 2011 by Georgette Weir
Document the award winning re-construction of the original section of the Appalachian Trail at Bear Mountain.
NECESSARY SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge and equipment to capture and record high-quality images and sounds outside.
- Ability to edit footage into short films suitable for presentation.
- Must be available on-site during work days for 2-6 weeks.
- Coordinate with crew leaders to capture construction tasks and sequencing with video and time-lapse photography
RESPONSIBILITIES and DUTIES:
- Take time-lapse photos before/during/after that show the transformation of a boulder field into a trail.
- Produce short (2-3 minute), high-quality video recordings of select trail building techniques, including rock splitting, rock shaping, and rock installation.
Duration of Assignment:Mid May to end of June
TIME COMMITMENT:2-3 hrs, 4-5 days/week
Location Type:On Trail
Work Site:Bear Mountain State Park
Age Requirements:18 and older
Supervisor:West of Hudson Program Coordinator