- Go Hiking
- Get Involved
- Be Informed
- Trail Store
- Our Community
- About Us
Regional Trail Coordinator
Posted March 29th, 2010 by cgemmell
Oversee the trails in a region for one of our member clubs.
NECESSARY SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be a member of the Finger Lakes Trail Conference (we accept new members everyday!).
- Should have some previous experience with, or knowledge of, trail maintenance.
RESPONSIBILITIES and DUTIES:
- Maintain Finger Lakes Trail in his/her Region through group or individual Trail Sponsors.
- Assist with trail maintenance work.
- Advocate for construction projects and help to organize work crews to complete them.
- Coordinate training opportunities for maintainers.
- Promote healthy landowner relations to protect trail on private land.
- Work with NYSDEC and NYS Parks personnel to maintain trail on public land.
- Assist in efforts to relocate trail off-road.
- Prepare a state-of-the-trail report for the annual Trail Council Meeting.
- Attend biennial Trail Maintainers' meeting in his/her area.
- Two Trail Maintainers' meetings are held annually, usually in the fall.
- There are also field training opportunities offered including chain saw training and general trail maintenance.
Commitment Type:Long Term
TIME COMMITMENT:Approximately 60 to 100 hours per year including meetings and administrative work.
Location Type:On Trail
Age Requirements:18 and older