- Go Hiking
- Get Involved
- Be Informed
- Trail Store
- Our Community
- About Us
Trail Crew Leader
Posted January 25th, 2012 by Melissa McCutcheon
Lead volunteer crew members on work trips to repair or build trails. Projects include but are not limited to bridge building, rock work, and trail construction and design. Training is available.
NECESSARY SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS:
- Member of the New York-New Jersey Trail Conference
- Trail design, construction and repair technique skills
- Leadership experience, ability to work with and teach others
- Able to perform heavy, physical work (or able to teach others these skills through knowledge)
- Interest in hiking trail management
- Safety conscious
- Map reading skill
RESPONSIBILITIES and DUTIES:
- Lead work trips to repair or build trails.
- Teach, incorporate and use safe working habits.
- Assist new crew members so that their work meets NYNJTC standards.
- Provide project reports.
Training:Trail U Leadership Training is available.
Commitment Type:Long Term
Duration of Assignment:1 year
TIME COMMITMENT:Minimum of four trips per year; plus relevant administration and reporting.
Location Type:On Trail
Age Requirements:18 and older
Supervisor:Trail Crew Chief