Join us as we build a multiuse trail in Sterling Forest State Park! Projects include opening trail coorridors, trail tread construction, erosion mitigation and drainage, and finishing work.
- No experience is necessary, we will provide the training on site.
- Please complete this online VSA for the park if you have not completed it within the last year. Choose "Palisades Region" and "Sterling Forest."
- Work trips are led by Erik Mickelson, NYNJTC's on staff Field Manager.
- Tool, gloves, safety glasses and hard hats will be provided, but you are welcome to bring your own.
- Wear sturdy shoes and long pants. Bring plenty of water, and a lunch if you plan to stay all day.
- Please let us know you're coming beforehand, and wait for confirmation prior to traveling to a crew trip, so that we can notify you of any last minute changes.
- Trail Conference membership is not required to participate.
- Be advised: crew trips can be strenuous and fun. Be prepared to exercise your body and mind!
- Notification of work site and meeting location will be provided upon sign-up.
To sign up please contact Erik Mickelson - (760) 893-9331 - [email protected]
Learn about our Conservation Corps at: http://www.nynjtc.org/corps - Sterling Forest State Park
Additional worktrip information