There are over 40 communities along the Appalachian Trail's corridor that have been recognized in The Appalachian Trail Community™ program. These towns and cities are considered assets by all that use the A.T., and many of these towns act as good friends and neighbors to the Trail. Join us as we celebrate the culture and contributions of our Harlem Valley A.T. Community.
- 10:30 a.m. - Hike from the A.T. boardwalk to Dover Oak (2 hours roundtrip)
- 10:30 a.m. - Trail maintenance project on the A.T. boardwalk
- 10:45 a.m. - Yoga on the Boardwalk ($10 fee)
- 11:00 a.m. - Mindfulness hike
- 11:30 a.m. - Fall foliage walk
- 1:00 p.m. - Awards ceremony at Native Landscapes and Garden Center
- Guided and self-guided hikes
- Kid-friendly activities
- Appalachian Trail boardwalk trail maintenance
- Fall foliage hike with Pete Muroski, owner of Native Landscapes and Garden Center's native plants expert
- Sand art with the Dover & Pawling Libraries
Meet special guests:
- Vu Nguyen, City Impact Manager for the Mission Continues
- Samantha Robinson, Youth Program Assistant for Groundwork Hudson Valley
- Lauren Cosgrove, NYC/New England Director for the National Parks Conservation Association "Find Your Voice" campaign
- Jamie Vincent and her calf Sloane, fifth generation Brookby Farm NYS Dairy of Distinction winner
- Wesley DeMauro, A.T. Thruhiker 2017 of Warrior Expeditions
- Jane Geisler, Trail Conference A.T. volunteer for over 40 years!
The Sean Gobin and Howard Permut awards will be presented to honorees Vu Nguyen, City Impact Manager for the Mission Continues and Roger Osorio, Youth Program Associate for Groundwork Hudson Valley. Awards will be presented at 1 p.m.
Food and drink:
- Fresh cider and Roseann's Kitchen food truck
- Conservation, farm and community organizations
Become an A.T. Community Supporter!
Join Native Landscapes and Garden Center and The Book Cove in welcoming hikers!
The Metro-North Harlem Line from Grand Central Terminal arrives at the Appalachian Trail stop at 9:50 a.m.
Free Harlem Valley A.T. Community T-shirts to the first 50 trail lovers to arrive!
We'll be celebrating rain or shine.
991 Route 22
Pawling, NY 12564
Additional event information
General Event Information