The SRT Race is an especially challenging race because runners have to carry their own food and water (or use filters) and also follow the SRT using a special map. There are four divisions, ranging from 1/2 marathon to 70 miles in distance. The race takes place on September 14-15, 2018.
Come out and volunteer with us in any of four amazing volunteer opportunities:
- Course Marshals (man checkpoints to ensure we have accountability for all the runners as they pass by and maintain radio communications with race HQ)
- Checkpoint Marshall (at Jenny's Lane in Minnewaska State Park Preserve)
- Sweeps (2-person teams who follow behind the last runners to ensure they make it successfully to the checkpoints)
- Shuttle Drivers (pick up any runners who drop out and drive them back to the finish line/parking area in Rosendale, NY)
- Finish Line Helpers (help with parking, scoring, and food and drink)
The Shawangunk Ridge Trail (SRT) is a 70-mile hiking trail. Because of its scenic beauty and rare ecosystems, the Nature Conservancy has identified this ridge as “one of Earth’s last great places.” This event was created to celebrate the preservation of the Shawangunks, or the “Gunks” as they are also called, and to encourage people to come out and experience their natural beauty.
Additional event information
General Event Information