About the Programs
The Hudson Valley West Community Trails Program supports and reaches out to a diverse community through advocacy , stewardship, economic enhancement opportunities, active land conservation and, naturally, trail construction and maintenance in a diversity of landscapes.
The Trail Conference maintains 695 miles of trails throughout the Western Hudson Valley
Build and Maintain Trails
- Facilitate ongoing Trail Adoptions and Maintenance along approximately 695 miles of trail across 4 counties.
- Conduct Trail Crew work trips and Trail University workshops to train volunteers and improve trails West of the Hudson River.
Advocacy, Conservation and Stewardship
- Engage in Conservation efforts to preserve public open space for future generations.
- Engage in Advocacy against threats that would degrade or destroy trail lands.
- Tend to the Stewardship of public land with programs like the Invasives Strikeforce to remove invasive species.
Explore Trail Regions West of the Hudson River
- Harriman-Bear Mountain State Parks
- Rockland County
- Schunemunk Mountain (Schunnemunk Mountain)
- Shawangunk Mountains
- Sterling Forest
- Storm King and Black Rock Forest
Support Initiatives West of the Hudson
If you love the trail regions west of the Hudson river, love the work that the Trail Conference is doing please Donate today.