Tuesday, June 22 at Ross Dock in Fort Lee, NJ
All members are welcome.
- Enjoy a pre-meeting hike led by John Moran on Carpenter's Trail/Dyckman Hill Trail Loop from Ross Dock. Start time: 2:30pm. Note: we will be meeting at Ross Dock to begin hike. Follow this link for more details on this specific hike: http://www.nynjtc.org/hike/palisades-interstate-park-new-jersey-section-5
- Board of Directors meeting: 5pm-6pm
- Light refreshments, socializing and networking: 6pm-7pm
- Delegates Meeting: 7pm-8pm
- Speakers: George Petty - Author of Hiking the Jersey Highlands and Jane Daniels - Author of Walkable Westchester 8pm-9pm
RSVP to Hedy Abad or 201-512-9348, ext. 26
DIRECTIONS TO ROSS DOCK PICNIC AREA, FORT LEE, NEW JERSEY:
From the west (Routes 4 & 46 and I-95): Take either Exit 72 or Exit 73. If taking Exit 72, continue straight ahead on Bruce Reynolds Boulevard (Bridge Plaza South) past several traffic lights and, at the base of a downhill stretch, turn right (south) onto Hudson Terrace. If taking Exit 73 (the last exit in New Jersey), turn left at the light onto Bruce Reynolds Boulevard, proceed downhill to the next light, and turn right (south) onto Hudson Terrace.
Follow Hudson Terrace downhill for 0.3 mile. Opposite "The Palisades" apartment house on the right side of the road, you will see a "Welcome to Edgewater" sign on the left. Turn left here, then immediately bear left to enter the Palisades Interstate Park on the Henry Hudson Drive. Continue along the Drive for 0.8 mile to the Ross Dock traffic circle. Bear right at a sign for "Ross Dock Area" and continue downhill to the Ross Dock Picnic Area.
From the north: Take the Palisades Interstate Parkway south to Exit 1 (Englewood). At the bottom of the ramp, turn left onto Palisade Avenue, go under the Parkway, and follow the road down to the river, taking a sharp right about halfway down the hill. At the bottom, you will come to a traffic circle at the Englewood Boat Basin. Continue straight ahead (south) on the Henry Hudson Drive for 1.4 miles to the Ross Dock traffic circle. Go around the circle and bear right at a sign for "Ross Dock Area" and continue downhill to the Ross Dock Picnic Area.
From New York City: Take the upper level of the George Washington Bridge to the first Fort Lee exit. Bear right and proceed down the ramp to a traffic light. Turn right onto Hudson Terrace, passing beneath the George Washington Bridge, and continue for 0.3 mile (heading downhill) beyond the intersection with Bruce Reynolds Boulevard. Follow directions in second paragraph above under "From the west."