The links below will be useful to anyone looking to blaze a new section of trail or maintain an existing one to Trail Conference standards. The reporting forms and other documents for assigned Trail Maintainers are available through the Dashboard, the Volunteer Forms page, or by contacting [email protected].
If you're looking to learn about designing and constructing trails instead, click here.
- Trail Conference Trail Maintenance Manual, 8th Edition (updated 2020)
The purpose of the Trail Mainteance Manual is to define the role of a trail maintainer and serve as a reference document to supplement formal classroom instruction and on-the job training. Consider this your go-to resource for maintenance information. This version is formatted for computer screens and printing on 8.5" by 11" paper.
- Trail Conference Trail Maintenance Manual, 8th Edition Phone Version (updated 2020)
This is the latest version of the Trail Maintenance Manual, formatted for easier display on a mobile device. Download this version to your smart phone for easy access on the trail.
- Trail Conference Trail Maintenance Manual Pocket Guide (2020)
This is the PDF version of the abbreviated 3" by 5" pocket guide to the Trail Conference's Trail Maintenance Manual, suitable for downloading to your smart phone. We are looking into producing this pocket guide on three, 3-by-5-inch plastic cards, suitable for carrying with you into the field. The cards have not yet been produced, and a timeline for getting them in stock is not yet available.
- Additional resources:
- Trail Conference Guidelines for Blazing Trails
- Trail Conference Standard Paint Colors
- Trail Conference Blazing Trail Junctions
- Trail Conference Blaze Descriptions in the Trail Database