Bear Mountain Trails Project
Join the Trail Conference in the learning and building of technical rock work (dry masonry, cribwall, stair construction, stone shaping, etc.) on the Appalachian Trail in Bear Mountain State Park.
- Work trips are led by NYNJTC's on-staff trail builder/educator, trail construction manager, and AmeriCorps members
- Bring your lunch, plenty of water, sturdy workshoes, and long pants. Tools, materials, and training will be provided. Gloves, safety glasses, and hard hats, which are REQUIRED while on the worksite, will also be provided.
- Please wait for confirmation prior to attending a worktrip.
- Trail Conference membership is not required to participate.
- No experience is necessary, we will provide the tools and the training on site. Be advised: work trips are strenuous.
For more information on the Bear Mountain Trails Project, check out http://www.nynjtc.org/bearmtntrails