Approvals are needed whenever the Trail Conference agrees to maintain additional trails or to carry out trail work beyond normal maintenance. These approvals ensure that:
- The Trail Conference has appropriate agreements in place with the land manager under which the Trail Conference will build and maintain trails and has the ability to refer to approvals to address any future issues of permission or liability.
- The Trail Conference has the resources to maintain the trails and carry out the planned work.
- Any planned trail work conforms to the rules and processes of the land manager and the Trail Conference.
- Information about the changes is recorded properly in the Trail Conference trail database and GIS mapping layers.
There are three separate approval processes, some or all of which may be required for a particular project:
- Park adoption process
- Trail adoption process
- Trail construction approval process
For information about how to use these processes, see https://www.nynjtc.org/content/trail-project-approvals
Approved by Policy Council June 26, 2019