All forms are available for download below.
Volunteer leaders (including Committee Chairs, Crew Chiefs/Leaders, Trail Chairs, Trail Supervisors and Corridor Managers) and sawyers are eligible to be reimbursed for certain expenses incurred while performing Trail Conference business. Occasionally Trail Maintainers or Crew Members may be eligible for reimbursement for items related to special projects. In all such cases the Supervisor or Crew Chief should approve these items prior to purchase.
Expenses that are eligible for reimbursement include mileage (volunteer rate is $0.14/mile), pre-approved tools and construction materials, and budgeted supplies for volunteer meetings, workshops and recognition.
Process and Parameters
- Expense and material requests should be covered by the appropriate program/region’s approved annual budget. Any purchase not within a category of the approved budget should be discussed with your staff contact prior to purchase. If you are unsure, just ask!
- Check the Volunteer Reimbursable Expenses chart for what items are eligible. If your item is not on the chart, check with your staff contact.
- We legally cannot reimburse or acknowledge tax expenses as a nonprofit organization. Please use provided tax-exempt forms when making Trail Conference purchases. If you need another copy reach out to your staff contact or email [email protected].
- Purchases over $100 require a procurement form to be submitted and approved prior to purchase.
- Flexibility is provided for food purchases since those are difficult to predict.
- Submit a volunteer expense form and work with your staff contact to get reimbursed.
- You may request a donation receipt letter for eligible purchases that you decline to have reimbursed by the Trail Conference.
- All expense/procurement forms and donation receipt letter requests are due no later than January 31 for the previous year’s purchases.
|General rule of thumb: Your purchase does not need prior approval if it is in the annual budget plan, is under $100, and is listed in the Volunteer Reimbursable Expenses chart. If it does not meet these three parameters, discuss with your staff contact before purchasing.|
Volunteer Reimbursable Expenses Chart
(Also in the Guidelines PDF available for download below)