2008-11-03 Web Design Status Meeting

Committee: 
Web Design
Meeting
Date: 
Mon, 11/03/2008 (All day)
Agenda: 

Agenda for 2008-11-03 Web Design status meeting

Old Business:
1. Agenda modifications

2. Subteam status reports

a. Content (Georgette)
b. Technology (Walt)
c. Business model (Ed)


3. Web design status

 

a. What else we need to give Trellon and when
* images for home page header
* volunteer page
* invoice payment
b. What we need to do next
* stress test site
* move to new server
* identify which pages are DONE and which need tweaking
* identify content pages to be added before launch
* discuss how and when to involve staff in final testing and tweaking


4. Review open action items

 

 

See files attached below with items from Projjex and from our Web site.     


New Business:

 

 

 

Groups audience: 
Attendees: 

Ann, Georgette, Walt, Phil, Ed (briefly via phone)

Minutes: 

Old Business:
1. Agenda modifications -- none

2. Subteam status reports

a. Content (Georgette)

  • HOTW database is 2/3 done, Georgette continues to work on it.
  • We still need volunteers to fill out NY Walk Book content.
  • The hikes database is ready for testing.

b. Technology (Walt)
Trellon needs to implement Volunteer theme, but we haven't finalized it yet. Walt to add database fields first, then have Trellon theme the page.
Georgette will get specifications from Catherine of what to do after picking a major volunteer category, including what forms get filled out.

c. Business model (Ed)
Ed asked about items still pending in the SOW:

  • Status of Join/Renew/Donate (in progress)
  • We still need to set up a strategy session with Trellon (Ann to follow up). Ed would like this to include an analysis of the direction we should take with a written recommendation. Trellon participants might be head technical person and/or Skip Sanzeri.
  • Trellon documentation (Ann to check on what is in SOW)
  • Invoice (ok to pay for beta drop)

2. Web design status
a. What else we need to give Trellon and when

* images for home page header
* volunteer page
* invoice payment

b. What we need to do next

* stress test site
Most of the discussion centered on things that need tweaking and resulted in action items.
* move to new server -- Walt's priority item for coming week
* identify which pages are DONE and which need tweaking
-- need a way to track our review
* identify content pages to be added before launch
* discuss how and when to involve staff in final testing and tweaking

3. Review open action items

a. See files attached below from Projjex and from our Web site.

New Business:
We discussed ways to involve staff as we get closer to completing and launching the site. One idea is to invite one area to each status meeting to cover a specific aspect of the site. For the next meeting (11/17) we suggest inviting Catherine to review the Volunteer process.