Know the New Hiking How-tos
maintain trails, offer guided hikes, and more.
The trails offer opportunities for moderate loop hikes of varying distances on the west facing slopes as well as access to extended hiking on the Osborn Loop Trail and Appalachian Trail in the adjacent Hudson Highlands State Park. In the summer there are pocket views of the Hudson River. These are called “osios” at Manitoga, from the language of the Algonquins.
Dedicated to building and maintaining sections of the Highlands Trail in the Musconetcong Mountain area of Hunterdon County and to promote protecting the natural and cultural resources of the Musconetcong Mountain.
Active hiking group for those over 40 doing moderate to advanced day hikes year-round throughout the NY/NJ region, from the Delaware Water Gap to the Catskills and beyond.
Outdoor Promise is a 501c3 nonprofit organization whose mission is to increase exposure and interest in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (S.T.E.M.) for urban disadvantaged youth by integrating the study of S.T.E.M. concepts and the exploration of the natural world.
The Outdoors Club is a non-profit volunteer-run organization that engages in hiking, nature and educational city walking tours of varying difficulty.
Renew or Enroll Your Club with the Trail Conference
Club membership in the Trail Conference supports trail work and trail protection in our region.
Member Club Benefits:
- Enjoy a complimentary Trail Walker subscription for your President and delegates
- Promote your group's website to over 2 million hikers on nynjtc.org
- Distribute your group's hike to over 13,000 readers of the Trail Walker
- Generate interest in your group with exclusive spotlights in Trail Walker
- Reserve complimentary table at Trail Conference meetings and meet our members
- Obtain low cost liability and accident insurance to help protect your group members