End of Season Report - Highlands Trail Crew
The Trail Conference Conservation Corps has closed out our 2016 trail building season. The Highlands Trail Crew had a productive and fun-filled summer assessing and improving the Highlands Trail in New Jersey. Utilizing Trimble GPS units, skillful handwork, and loads of determination, the crew:
- Served 1,821 member hours.
- Assessed 654,720 linear feet of trail.
- Collected 1,400 data points along the trail.
- Improved 6,870 linear feet of trail.
- Opened 3,015 linear feet of corridor.
- Installed 43 stepping stones.
We’d like to thank our partners: The Corps Network’s AmeriCorps EAP Program, Corporation for National and Community Service, New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection Green Acres Program, The New Jersey Trails Council, Trail Conference Volunteer Leadership, Highlands Natural Pool, and The New Weis Ecology Center for Education, Arts & Recreation for contributing to our success this season and enabling us to provide opportunities for stewardship to our communities.