North Jersey Trails Map 2017 Now Available
Revised 12th edition of North Jersey Trails map set available in print and digital formats.
The New York-New Jersey Trail Conference is pleased to announce a completely revised 12th edition of the North Jersey Trails map set. This two-map set features over 275 miles of marked trails in northern New Jersey, and contains many revisions to the trails in more than 20 parks, including major changes to trail systems in several parks.
The new map set shows the changes to the trail systems at Ramapo Valley County Reservation and Campgaw Mountain County Reservation, which have been completely revamped, with new trails and blaze colors. To better show the expanded trail network in Ramapo Reservation, a new enlarged inset map of the Reservation has been included. The updated maps also show the trail blazing changes and relocations in Norvin Green State Forest, as well as trail relocations in Ringwood State Park. Newly created parklands are shown, including Ramapo Mountain Preserve, Fuller Mountain Preserve, Great Oak Park, and additional Appalachian Trail buffer lands in Wawayanda State Park. Other parks shown on the map include Long Pond Ironworks State Park, Ramapo Mountain State Forest, Abram S. Hewitt State Forest, and the Pequannock Watershed, and nearly 15 miles of the Appalachian Trail and 40 miles of the Highlands Trail are shown on the maps.
The maps include UTM gridlines, green shading for public access lands, parking areas, viewpoints and other points of interest. The maps are available in print format, in vibrant color on our popular waterproof, tear-resistant Tyvek; shop online, visit our headquarters, or look for them at Ramsey Outdoor or an outdoor retailer near you. In addition, they are available in digital format on Apple and Android devices through the Avenza Maps app, including for the first time as a single app map that combines the two section maps; map links are available here.
At only $10.95 ($8.21 for members), this map set is a must-have for exploring these popular parks in northern New Jersey.
About the Map
List price: $10.95 ISBN: 978-1-944450-02-1New York-New Jersey Trail Conference (2017)
At a Glance
- Over 275 miles of marked trails within more than 20 parks in northern New Jersey, including Ringwood State Park, Ramapo Valley County Reservation, Ramapo Mountain State Forest, Norvin Green State Forest, Wawayanda State Park, Abram S. Hewitt State Forest, and the Pequannock Watershed
- Nearly 15 miles of the Appalachian Trail and 40 miles of the Highlands Trail
- 20-foot elevation contours
- 1:40,000 scale (1 inch = 0.63 mile)
- Convenient map sizes to carry and use on the trail
- Complete trail index and guide to trail blazing on map backs
- Enlarged inset maps of Ramapo Valley County Reservation and Campgaw Mountain County Reservation, and detailed inset of trails near Roomy Mine in Norvin Green State Forest
- State land boundaries
- Unmaintained trails and woods roads
- Shelters and springs
- Viewpoints, waterfalls, mines, and other points of interest
- Parking areas
- Public transportation
- Park contact information, history, and regulations
- UTM coordinate grid
Special thanks to all the volunteers and park partners who helped product this revised edition of the North Jersey Trails map set. This map was also produced with support from Ramsey Outdoor, an outdoor store and retail partner of the Trail Conference.
About the Trail Conference
The New York-New Jersey Trail Conference is a volunteer organization dedicated to building, maintaining and protecting the nation's finest network of trails in a major metropolitan area. The Trail Conference is a coalition of 100 clubs and 10,000 individual members that maintains over 2,100 miles of trails in New York and New Jersey.
Built on more than 75 years of mapping experience, New York-New Jersey Trail Conference maps are your source for reliable trail information in the New York-New Jersey metropolitan region. These maps are Made By the People Who Build the Trails and are regularly updated with changes to the trails.