Put Your Business on the Map! Sponsor the North Jersey Trails Map Set
Connect with hundreds of thousands of outdoor enthusiasts. Sponsor the long-awaited, completely revised North Jersey Trails map set!
Get your name out to trail users who buy our maps and the 1 million-plus visitors to nynjtc.org with this tremendous publicity opportunity. Your company’s name, logo, and contact info will appear on all four maps of the all-new, North Jersey map sets. Be seen by thousands of outdoor adventurers who will download these maps on their phones, on 8,000 hard-copy, four-map sets (32,000 ad impressions), and in Trail Conference promotions acknowledging your sponsorship!
In 2020, our app map sales more than doubled over the previous year and print map sales set several high records on our websites, and we’re continuing to see upward trends in 2021. Sponsoring this map set guarantees you high exposure to the regional trail community by appearing on our authoritative maps that are considered the gold standard for trail maps in the region and beyond!
The totally revised 13th edition North Jersey Trails map set is in development and will feature more than 360 miles of marked trails and more than 40 parks and preserves. This high-detail four-map set covers northern New Jersey (Bergen, Passaic, and Sussex counties) and parts of Orange and Rockland Counties in New York. It also includes 32+ miles of the Appalachian Trail and 38+ miles of the Highlands Trail. Popular destinations include: the Appalachian Trail (Pochuck Boardwalk, Stairway to Heaven, and the entire NY-NJ border section), Terrace Pond, Wawayanda Lake, Surprise Lake on Bearfort Mountain, Wyanokie High Point, Carris Hill, Otter Hole, Horse Pond Mountain, Lake Sonoma, Manaticut Point, Ramapo Lake, and nearby Castle Ruins, Ramapo Valley Reservation Vista Loop, MacMillan Reservoir, Skylands Manor and Ringwood Manor.
- Detailed junction-to-junction trail mileage numbers
- 20-foot elevation contours
- 1:30,000 scale
- Convenient map sizes to carry and use on the trail
- Unmaintained trails and woods roads
- Parkland boundaries, parking areas, viewpoints, waterfalls, shelters, mines
- Public transportation
- UTM coordinate grid
- Most significant update since 2007, with expansion to 4-map set (instead of just 2 maps).
- Major 33% increase in scale to improve the clarity of the trail networks and show finer details.
- Mileages shown along the trails.
- New map showing the Appalachian Trail between High Point State Park and Pochuck Boardwalk
- Completely redrawn trails using the latest data, with more than 360 miles of marked trails
- Upwards of 75 miles of trail updates in 6 state parks/state forests
- New detailed elevation contour lines, and a completely revised base map built from the ground up.
- Orientation changed to put North straight up
- Many additional parks and trails
Parklands and preserves include: Abram S. Hewitt State Forest, Appalachian Trail Corridor, Apshawa Preserve, Back Beach Park, Camp Glen Gray, Camp Tamarack, Campgaw Mountain County Reservation, Cascade Lake Park, Continental Soldiers Park, Darlington County Park, Fuller Mountain Preserve, Great Oak Park, Hamburg Mountain Wildlife Management Area, High Point State Park, Highlands Preserve, Janet Van Gelder Wildlife Sanctuary, Long Pond Ironworks State Park, Maple Grange Park, Nancy Conger West Brook Preserve, New Weis Center, North Jersey District Water Supply, Norvin Green State Forest, Oakland Boro Parkland, Old Mill Woodlands, Parsons Pond Park, Pequannock Watershed, Pochuck State Forest, Potash Lake Recreation Area, Quarryville Brook Preserve, Ramapo Mountain Preserve, Ramapo Mountain State Forest, Ramapo Valley County Reservation, Ringwood State Park, Skyline Preserve, Sterling Forest State Park, Tory Rocks, Tranquility Ridge County Park, Wallkill River National Wildlife Refuge, Warwick County Park, Wawayanda State Park.
Availability: Hard copy maps will be printed in vibrant color on waterproof and tear-resistant Tyvek. App maps for mobile phones will be available through the Avenza Maps app, where more than 250,000 of our maps have been downloaded. Our maps are widely distributed at outdoor shops and other retailers regionwide, at Trail Conference Headquarters, online at nynjtc.org, and on Amazon.com.
- The auction closes Friday, April 30
- Auction format: one-time, sealed, highest bid.
- Up to three organizations may bid together to share the cost and space.
- Down payment: 50% by May. 14. Balance due by June 4th.
- Send bids to [email protected]
About our maps: The Trail Conference works to ensure that all trail users have the tools and education they need to use trails responsibly. Continuing service to the trail-using public that extends back to our formation 100 years ago, the Trail Conference publishes accurate and up-to-date trail maps, guides, and resources, helping to position us as the region’s leading authority for trail information. Trail Conference maps are printed on high-quality, waterproof Tyvek and packaged in fitted, self-sealing plastic envelopes for multi-year durability.