Shawangunk Trails 2016, 10th Edition Map Set Is Here!
The New York-New Jersey Trail Conference is pleased to announce the improved tenth edition of the Shawangunk Trails map set. This three-map set includes more than 200 miles of maintained trails and carriage roads in the northern Shawangunk Mountains, including Minnewaska State Park Preserve and Mohonk Preserve.
About the Map
List price: $10.95 ISBN: 978-1-880775-96-7New York-New Jersey Trail Conference (2016)
This updated edition includes an entirely new Map 106B that features the route of the Long Path/Shawangunk Ridge Trail along a scenic stretch of the Shawangunk Mountains from Route 52 to Wurtsboro. New parking areas and side trails that make possible several scenic loop hikes in this section are also shown. Another enhanced feature of this edition is a new inset map that more clearly shows the complex area around Lake Minnewaska.
For all of the maps in this set, the contour elevation lines have been greatly enhanced using higher-resolution data than was previously available. Several new parkland parcels have been added, recent trail relocations are shown, and other updates and enhancements have been made to make the maps more accurate and easy to use.
Additional map features including a large-scale map for the complex trail network in the area of Mohonk Mountain House, UTM gridlines, parking areas, scenic viewpoints, and other points of interest. The maps show both carriage roads, many of which are open to bikes and horses, as well as foot trails, including the Long Path and Shawangunk Ridge Trail. As always, the maps are available in print format in vibrant color on waterproof, tear-resistant Tyvek.
The Shawangunk Trails map set is affordably-priced at only $10.95 ($8.21 for members) and is a must-have for those who wish to explore the special features of the Shawangunk region, including breathtaking cliffs, pitch pines growing out of bedrock, and spectacular views.
At a Glance:
- More than 200 miles of maintained trails and carriage roads, many of which are open to bikes and horses, in the northern Shawangunks of Ulster County and Sullivan County
- Parklands including Minnewaska State Park Preserve, Mohonk Preserve, Shawangunk Ridge State Forest, and the Mohonk Mountain House property
- Sections of the Long Path and Shawangunk Ridge Trail
- 20-foot elevation contours
- 1:30,000 scale (1 inch = 0.47 mile)
- Convenient map sizes to carry and use on the trail
- New map featuring the route of the Long Path/Shawangunk Ridge Trail between Wurtsboro and Route 52
- Enlarged large-scale map of complex trail network in the area of Mohonk Mountain House
- Parkland boundaries
- Unmaintained trails and woods roads
- Viewpoints, waterfalls, mines, and other points of interest
- Parking areas
- Public transportation
- Park contact information, history, and regulations
- UTM coordinate grid
Beyond the Map
- Map coverage area
- Suggested hikes
- Park contacts
- Get these maps on your Apple and Android device!
- GPS resources
About the Map Makers
The production of the East Hudson Trails Map 2014, 11th Edition Map Set, much like our other trail maps, was a great collaborative effort involving many volunteers, parks partners, and Trail Conference staff. Read more about the primary contributors to this map set.
Shawangunk Trails was produced with support from Gravity Vault, an indoor rock gym with multiple locations throughout the area and retail partner of the Trail Conference.
About the Trail Conference
The New York-New Jersey Trail Conference is a volunteer organization dedicated to creating, protecting and promoting the nation's finest network of foot trails in a major metropolitan area. The Trail Conference is a coalition of 100 clubs and 10,000 individual members that maintains over 2,000 miles of trails in New York and New Jersey. Its website, www.nynjtc.org, and its hiking books and trail maps provide detailed information that enable hikers to enjoy some of the most remarkable trails in the country.
Built on more than 75 years of mapping experience, New York-New Jersey Trail Conference maps are your source for reliable trail information in the New York-New Jersey metropolitan region. These maps are Made By the People Who Build the Trails and are regularly updated with changes to the trails.