Huber Woods Park
From State Hwy 35: Traveling northbound, turn right; southbound, use jughandle and turn left onto Navesink River Rd. [just north of Cooper Bridge, near Red Bank]. Travel east on Navesink River Rd. for 2.8 miles; turn left onto Brown’s Dock Road (unpaved). Park entrance is at the top of the hill, on the right. GPS Coordinates: 40.385710, -74.035525
A second parking area is west of Locust Point Road -- GPS Coordinates: 40.391892, -74.022341
A park overlooking the Navesink River with several easy-to-moderate multiple-use trails.
Although the eight miles of multiple-use trails are open to hikers, bicyclists, equestrians, and cross-county skiers, bicyclists generally prefer the nearby Hartshorne Woods Park. The nine blazed trails [all under two miles each] lead through stands of tulip trees, oak-hickory forest, and meadows and can be combined to form loop hikes of varying lengths. The Nature Loop trail, Discovery Path and Fox Hollow trail begin at the environmental center. Use the Web Map link on this site for a brochure and trail map with a synopsis of each trail.
In 1974 the children of Hans and Catherine Huber, a manufacturer of pigments used in dry inks, donated 118 acres of woodlands to the Monmouth County Park System. The park has been enlarged by subsequent donations, including the Huber family home, built in 1927, which has been transformed into an environmental center.