The following seasonal road closures in Harriman-Bear Mountain State Parks went into effect December 1. These roads are expected to reopen April 1, conditions permitting.
- Tiorati Brook Road is closed.
- Arden Valley Road is closed from Tiorati Circle to just east of the Elk Pen parking lot, allowing access to the parking lot from Route 17.
- Former Route 106 in Orange County, now known as Kanawauke Road, is closed to just east of the NYS Thruway from just west of the Kanawauke picnic area, allowing for access to the Kanawauke picnic area parking from Seven Lakes Drive. At the western end, the Ramapo River Access will be available from Route 17, though that location will not receive the highest priority to clear following snow or ice storms.Consequently, there is no vehicle access to the White Bar, Victory, Ramapo-Dunderberg, or Parker Cabin Hollow Trail parking areas along 106.
- Perkins Memorial Road is closed at Seven Lakes Drive.
- Exit 16 on the Palisades Interstate Parkway to Lake Welch Drive is closed. The only portion of Lake Welch Drive that remain
sopen is from Seven Lakes Drive to the western junction with St. John's Road, which is open to connect with Route 106 in Rockland County. Thus, during the winter season, the only access to Lake Welch is from Route 106. The park gate is open 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on weekdays except when there is adequate snow cover for snowmobiles, when it is open for the same hours, seven days a week. Cross country skiing is not permitted due to the presence of the motorized vehicles.
For a full list of closures affecting trails in our region, visit our Trail Alerts page.