Since 1920, the New York-New Jersey Trail Conference has been committed to educating and assisting the public in the safe, enjoyable, and responsible use of trails. Become a Trail Race Aid Volunteer to be a part of that legacy!
- Distribute water and first aid supplies when necessary.
- Assist runner with race check in
- Encourage safe and responsible trail use, including the principles set forth by Leave No Trace.
- Help with parking and gear management
- Educate the public about the Trail Conference, our mission, and what we do for the trails
- Should have good communication skills and feel comfortable interacting with people
- Should have a positive attitude
- Ideal candidate would have a passion for the trails
Applicants must be 18 years or older or accompanied by an adult
Current trail race volunteer opportunities and registration links:
SRT Trail (High Point State Park, NJ to Rosendale, NY)
|Sept 14-15, 2018||
The Shawangunk Ridge Trail (SRT) is a 70-mile hiking trail. Because of its scenic beauty and rare ecosystems, the Nature Conservancy has identified this ridge as “one of Earth’s last great places.” This event was created to celebrate the preservation of the Shawangunks, or the “Gunks” as they are also called, and to encourage people to come out and experience their natural beauty.
This is an especially challenging race because runners have to carry their own food and water (or use filters) and also follow the SRT using a special map. There are four divisions, ranging from 1/2 marathon to 70 miles in distance. Come out and volunteer with us in any of four amazing volunteer opportunities: Course Marshals; Sweeps; Shuttle Drivers; Finish Line Helpers (see link for more info!)
Waywayanda State Park (Hewitt, NJ)
|Oct 4-6, 2018||
Ragnar Trail Relay at Wawayanda Lake is located just 50 miles outside the lights of New York City in northern New Jersey. Teams of 8 (or 4-member ultra teams) run relay-style on three different single track loops that start and finish at the Ragnar Village. Teams run day and night until each member has completed all three trail loops.
Grab your most adventurous friends and join us to volunteer in any of three awesome opportunities: Water Station Aid; Race Check-In; Parking & Gear Drop/Pick-Up (see link for more info!)
*Please sign up for these opportunities through the registration links provided on this page.