The Trail Conference and our volunteers depend on our data to protect and maintain our trails and parks. This opportunity provides the chance to work with a unique, customized database and to gain practical experience with data input and cleanup.
As a data entry volunteer you will clean, format, and/or input our trail, park and volunteer data. This data is used by our staff and volunteers to maintain our trails and care for our parks. This further allows us to reach our mission of ensuring that the trails and natural areas we share are sustainable and accessible for all to enjoy for generations to come.
Responsibilities may include:
- Screening volunteer data for errors
- Inputting volunteer data to databases
- Recording and reporting all volunteer hours
- Experience with MS Excel and database software
- Organized, responsible, and detail-oriented
- Interest in helping maintain our public lands in the NY-NJ region
- Professional and able to communicate with staff as needed
- Ability to work alone and in small groups
Ideal volunteers are able to work at least 4+ hours/week for a minimum of 4 weeks at the Trail Conference headquarters in Mahwah, NJ. Additional hours may be done in the office or remotely.
One day of training will take place at headquarters. Majority of your learning will be on-the-job with staff available to answer any questions as they arise.
Applicants must be 18 years or older.
Contribute to the long term goals and efforts of the Trail Conference to protect our public lands.