- Go Hiking
- Get Involved
- Be Informed
- Trail Store
- Our Community
- About Us
America's Great Outdoors
President Obama has launched a national dialogue about conservation in America to learn about some of the smart, creative ways communities are conserving outdoor spaces. What are your ideas on the following topics:
- Challenges - What obstacles exist to achieve your goals for conservation, recreation, or reconnecting people to the outdoors?
- What Works - Please share your thoughts and ideas on effective strategies for conservation, recreation and reconnecting people to the outdoors.
- Federal Government Role - How can the federal government be a more effective partner in helping to achieve conservation, recreation or reconnecting people to the outdoors?
- Tools - What additional tools and resources would help your efforts be even more successful?
- Reconnect with the Great Outdoors - What are your ideas for helping Americans get outdoors and reconnect with the nation's land, water, wildlife, culture, and history?
- Private Lands Conservation - How can the United States better support the voluntary efforts of farmers, ranchers, and private landowners to conserve their land, water, and wildlife?
- Public Lands Conservation - Which open spaces, watersheds, historic or cultural sites, wildlife habitat, or other public lands are most important to you, and what can be done at the local, state, or federal level to improve their management?