- Go Hiking
- Get Involved
- Be Informed
- Trail Store
- Our Community
- About Us
Jobs with the Trail Conference
2016 Conservation Corps Positions
|Trail Crew Leader||900 hour - April 28 through October 11|
|Trail Crew Member||900 hour - April 28 through October 11|
|Trail Crew Leader||450 hour - June 2 though August 22|
|Trail Crew Member||450 hour - June 2 through August 22|
|Invasives Crew Leader||900 hour - April 28 through October 11|
|Invasives Crew Member||675 hour - May 12 through September 12|
Learn more about our Corps at www.nynjtc.org/corps
To Apply: www.nynjtc.org/corpsapplication2016
This online application must be completed in one sitting. There is not an option to save your progress and return at a later date. To complete this application, you will need:
- Current resume
- Contact information for three professional references
- Be prepared to select the positions you are interested in applying for. Only select positions in which you are available for the entire term.
- Be prepared to answer the following short answer questions:
- Tell us why you want to be a member of our Corps and what you hope to gain from this experience.
- Tell us about your outdoor experience. Do you have experience hiking, camping, or working in the outdoors? If you don't have much outdoor experience, please describe what you would like to learn.
Breakneck Ridge Trail Stewards
Breakneck Ridge Trail Stewards provide information about hiking and the responsible use of trails on Breakneck Ridge. The five or six Trail Stewards will share coverage to assure that one steward will be available at the Breakneck Ridge parking area and one will be available on the Breakneck Ridge trail every Saturday and Sunday and Monday holiday from Memorial Day weekend through Columbus Day. $12-15/hour DOE. Click here to learn more.
Catskills Summit Stewards
In this seasonal, part-time, position on weekends from Memorial Day through Columbus Day, Summit Stewards are responsible for patrolling the Catskill Park summit areas of Slide, Wittenberg and Cornell Mountains as well as other locations throughout the region. Summit Stewards provide the public with educational information that will ensure the safe and responsible use of hiking trails in the area. The Stewards have no enforcement responsibility. $12-15/hour DOE. Click here to learn more.