- Go Hiking
- Get Involved
- Be Informed
- Trail Store
- Our Community
- About Us
Why Join the Trail Conference?
- Because you value access to nature.
- Because you use trails.
- Because you support and appreciate the work of the volunteers who keep 1700 miles of trails open for public in the New York-New Jersey region.
- Because there are great member benefits.
Now encompassing a network of over 1,700 miles of trails throughout greater metropolitan New York, the Trail Conference is a coalition that includes almost 100 clubs and 10,000 individual members dedicated to one purpose: creating, protecting and promoting the nation's finest network of foot trails in a major metropolitan area.
Hiking is more than a walk in the woods, especially in a densely populated region. Trails and the lands they traverse require care, responsible use, and vigorous support by the people who enjoy them.
As the leading trail organization in the region, our volunteers help public agencies provide safe and responsible public access to open space stretching from the Delaware Water Gap north to beyond the Catskills. Our nationally acclaimed hiking books and maps are your guide to some of the most remarkable trails in the country. Our passion for connecting people with nature connects you to a vast array of resources for year-round outdoor activities.
Don't take trails for granted, join the Trail Conference today and support the volunteers who build and maintain the finest network of hiking trails.
Continue reading or Join Now!
Who we are and what we do...
- The Trail Conference connects people with nature through hiking and active volunteering.
- At the forefront of the conservation movement for almost a century, the Trail Conference has been instrumental in most of the major open-space success stories in the greater New York metropolitan area.
- The Trail Conference has a rich legacy of hard-working volunteers who provide public access to open spaces, a service that has never been more needed than in today's urban sprawl environment.
- The Trail Conference uses environmental best practices and monitors the ecological integrity of trail lands.
- The Trail Conference is the premiere information resource for hikers in the greater New York metropolitan area.
- The New York-New Jersey Trail Conference works with likeminded organizations to strengthen the region's commitment to natural open space.