- Go Hiking
- Get Involved
- Be Informed
- Trail Store
- Our Community
- About Us
Trail Crew: AT Dutchess-Putnam Appalachian Trail
Posted April 26th, 2013 by hosborn
Crew Name:RPH Cabin Volunteers
Project date:Saturday, July 13, 2013 - 9:00am - 4:00pm
Project/Trail Location:Meet at RPH Cabin.
Here are the details for AT restoration work and BBQ near by or at RPH CABIN. July 12,13,14 2013; Our fourteenth year of holding this event and
counting. RPHCabin is located off Horton Town Rd in Hopewell Jct,NY.
The following trail projects 1-3 are on the grounds of RPH Cabin.The remainder 4-6 are off site near Stormville Mountain and I84 over pass.
Repair work on those sites is the direct resort of the hurricanes of the last two years.
(1) Repainting the top and under side of the Seth Lyon Memorial Bridge.
(2) Painting the outside of the Golden Throne Ramp.
(3) Weeding and cleaning up of the Gerry Messerich Memorial Flower garden.
(4) Rebuilding of a 30 foot wooden rotted bridge over a swampy area.
(5) Construct a 15 foot long stone retaining wall to hold back trail erosion.
(6) Install four wooden cribs to be filled with crushed stone to be used as steps.
FOOD will be served all three days BREAKFAST / LUNCH / DINNER and LOTS OF IT !
We have accommodations for camping and car parking at RPHCabin or other close by AT locations.
Contact name:Tim Messerich
Contact phone:(845) 297-9573
RPH Cabin is Southwest of the intersection of Interstate 84 and the Taconic Parkway. Get off the taconic at Miller Hill Road. At the bottom of the ramp, turn down the hill. Turn Left onto Hortontown Road. RPH Cabin will be on your right.