- Go Hiking
- Get Involved
- Be Informed
- Trail Store
- Our Community
- About Us
Appalachian Trail Rare Plant Monitoring
Posted February 5th, 2016 by webmaster
The AT has a complete survey of all the rare or threatened & endangered plants and many animals that occur on or near the trail. For a little more information:
- Overview for volunteers
- Appalachian Trail Rare Plant Monitoring Protocol
- Rare Plant Monitoring Data Form Previsit
- Rare Plant Monitoring Data Form
- APPA Rare Plant Dataform
- APPA Rare Plant Dataform (fillable pdf)
- APPA Rare Plant SOP Measurements
- APPA Rare Plant SOP Equipment
Many of these sites have volunteers that monitor them. They visit the sites and report what they found.
Currently NY-NJ does not have a volunteer coordinator (want to volunteer?) so reports go to Michelle Miller at the regional office.
The forms are all attached below.
Latest significant change:01/01/2013