2010-06-21 Web Design status call

Date: 
Monday, June 21, 2010 - 1:30pm - 2:30pm
Location: 
Conference call
Committee: 
Web Design
Agenda: 

1. Special Topics:

2A. Subteam status reports - first and third Mondays

* Office status (Josh)

* Google Analytics and Theming (Doug)

* Social Networking (Doug-acting)

* Content (Georgette)

* Business model (Ann)
-- Start thinking about 2010-11 budget and plan
-- Activities for new volunteers

2B. Technology status reports - second and fourth Mondays

-- Brief status update for team (Walt)

-- Current site:
-- Drupal 6 (Walt)
-- ebase
-- CRM (Walt -acting)

3. Set goals for next couple of weeks

4. Specific action items requiring discussion.
Review outstanding actions

Meeting schedule:

Proposed:

June 28 - Technology status call

July 5 - No call

July 12 -  Combined General/Technology call --Walt to moderate

July 19  - Two hour meeting in Trail Conference office -- status and 2010/11 plan & budget discussion

Parking lot (for later discussion):

Attendees: 
Ann, Walt, Georgette
Minutes: 

1. Special Topics:

Images haven't ported nicely from D5 to D6 - need to make sure they go in the right place under D6. In /files and subdirectories under /files - often isolated by user, e.g. /u1 . Product images are all in the wrong place on D5 and therefore don't show up on D6. (Nominally should be in files/files but appear in /files on D5.)

How many pictures appear in two places? Perhaps some hike pictures also appear on a park page; some pictures in blocks; headers have pictures.

Not easy to find all pages with pictures in them - hopefully, we won't have to reload all those for D6.

Georgette makes a copy of photo then resubmits. Walt not sure what happens when replace existing photo. Need to test.

2A. Subteam status reports - first and third Mondays

* Office status (Josh)

* Google Analytics and Theming (Doug)

* Social Networking (Doug-acting)

* Content (Georgette)

Some maps missing description (teaser length needs tweaking when updating maps) Walt to follow up with Gary.

Sponsor tabs - remove and place in right column. But there is no right column for hikes on D5. Push to D6 list.

Volunteers: Eric and Ching completed content assignments. Nothing back from Tom Hart yet.
Assign them to help with views when we are ready ... Ann to send them email.

Georgette wants to play with home page to make it more dynamic. Set up a new page to play with.

Content editing / writers: one college student part-time

* Business model (Ann)

-- Start thinking about 2010-11 budget and plan
-- Activities for new volunteers

2B. Technology status reports - second and fourth Mondays

-- Brief status update for team (Walt)
-- Current site:

-- Drupal 6 (Walt)

 

Remaining to be done ...

  • Implement discount pricing fix ... in next day or two.
  • Import and see what breaks ... (rebuild D6 from D5) ... validate list of what has to be done for final build (views, product images).
  • Stress test the D6 system and report any anomalies / broken stuff.
  • When stable, do final build.


-- ebase
-- CRM (Walt -acting)

3. Set goals for next couple of weeks

4. Specific action items requiring discussion.

Review outstanding actions

Meeting schedule:

June 28 - Technology status call
July 5- No call
July 12 - Combined General/Technology call --Walt to moderate
July 19 - Two hour meeting in Trail Conference office -- status and 2010/11 plan & budget discussion

Parking lot (for later discussion):

 

Groups: