2010-07-19 Web Design status meeting

Date: 
Monday, July 19, 2010 - 1:30pm - 3:30pm
Committee: 
Web Design
Agenda: 

1. Special Topics:

Following status update, there will be a work session on the 2011 Plan and Budget for the Web team.


2A. Subteam status reports - first and third Mondays

* Office status (Josh)

* Google Analytics and Theming (Doug)
-- activities for new volunteers

* Social Networking (Doug-acting)

* Content (Georgette)

  1. Placement of sponsor ads on the various pages.

* Business model (Ann)

  1. Need your 2Q 2010 volunteer hours if you haven't submitted them yet.

2B. Technology status reports - second and fourth Mondays

-- Current site
-- Drupal 6 (Walt)

  • Scheduling complete reset of D6 from D5
  • Plan other steps in go-live plan.

-- ebase
-- CRM (Walt -acting)

3. Set goals for next couple of weeks

  • Do we want the Drupal 6 team to start meeting weekly for Drupal 6 until we go live?

4. Specific action items requiring discussion.
Review outstanding actions

Meeting schedule:
Next meeting: phone or office?

Attendees: 
Walt, Ann, Josh, Ed, Georgette
Minutes: 

1. Special Topics:

Following status update, there will be a work session on the 2011 Plan and Budget for the Web team.

 

2A. Subteam status reports - first and third Mondays

* Office status (Josh)

Met with Walt last week and identified some Drupal contrib modules to add to D6. (include donation in order; add processing fee (doesn't work right); FedEx not tried yet)

Sales reports for D6 -- create work order for Kipp to implement.

* Google Analytics and Theming (Doug)

-- activities for new volunteers
top places to swim page raised page hits
-- new banners -- Doug sent refreshes

* Social Networking (Doug-acting)

adding to Facebook twice a week (Georgette) and Tweets daily to Twitter (Doug)

* Content (Georgette)

1. Placement of sponsor ads on the various pages.
D6 has right column placement. For D5, consider making sponsor tab first tab if it exists ... even if Daniel complains in the interim. Need to blast generic ad to all hikes. Walt to do.

Volunteers: Phil chugging away on contributed hikes. Comm Asst - college student for the summer. Content training for new tech volunteers. At pubs meeting -- identified More About ... pages that need to be done. (need watching to be ready on time)

* Business model (Ann)

1. Need your 2Q 2010 volunteer hours if you haven't submitted them yet.

2B. Technology status reports - second and fourth Mondays

-- Current site
-- Drupal 6 (Walt)

* Scheduling complete reset of D6 from D5
see what breaks (hopefully not much) -- this week. export park and hike views first
add views -- plan is to export before final import.
* Plan other steps in go-live plan.

Ed asks if we can do som rethemeing of hikes page to improve look ... consider after we go to D6.

Anonymous checkout mechanism for D6. Analysis indicates we know how to do via "registering state". If never process email we send re completing registration, will be able to come back in just by adding email address. Need careful explanation of when to enter pw or not on that screen.

Work order for sales reports
Donation / new membership page -- still don't have final specification. Not yet tackling gift memberships. Matching grant info missing from Web site now.
Discount processing
Source code control system
Look for ad-on to track revisions on blocks

Josh to have people ready to test D6 week of 8/9.
-- ebase
-- CRM (Walt -acting)

3. Set goals for next couple of weeks

* Do we want the Drupal 6 team to start meeting weekly for Drupal 6 until we go live?

4. Specific action items requiring discussion.

Review outstanding actions

Meeting schedule:
Next meeting: phone or office?

Groups: