2010-08-09 Web Design technology status call

Date: 
Monday, August 9, 2010 - 2:00pm - 3:00pm
Location: 
Conference call
Committee: 
Web Design
Agenda: 

1. Subteam status reports - first and third Mondays - any urgent items? 

* Office status (Josh)

* Google Analytics and Theming (Doug)

* Social Networking (Doug-acting)

* Content (Georgette)

* Business model (Ann)

2. Review last meeting's minutes for action items

3. Technology status reports - second and fourth Mondays

-- Current site

Any outstanding issues?


-- Drupal 6 (Walt)

• Source code control system (prereq for going live)
• Progress since last call
• What still needs doing
• Kipp's work orders - status
• Plan for final testing and migration, training and communications

-- ebase / CRM (Walt -acting)

4. Set goals for next couple of weeks

5. Meeting schedule: change time of calls?
Next meeting: phone or office?

6. Parking lot (for later discussion):

Attendees: 
Walt, Bill, Josh, Ann
Minutes: 

1. Subteam status reports - first and third Mondays - any urgent items?

* Office status (Josh)

Pubs committee wants one-day 40% off promotion. Would need to check Ubercart module for limited time offers to make sure it works properly.

Staff wish list for next year. Jeremy - system & software, etc. (Walt can get external review of specs for appropriateness).

IE problems with high volume on Web site. May be fixed on D6 ...

* Google Analytics and Theming (Doug)

* Social Networking (Doug-acting)

* Content (Georgette)

* Business model (Ann)

2. Review last meeting's minutes for action items

3. Technology status reports - second and fourth Mondays

-- Current site

Any outstanding issues?

 

-- Drupal 6 (Walt)

• Source code control system (prereq for going live)
Walt needs to talk with Kipp again.
• Progress since last call
• What still needs doing
Bill to look at why My Groups isn't showing. og_myblock and ogblock. (Views that need converting?)
• Kipp's work orders - status
• Plan for final testing and migration, training and communications


* Staff testing of D6: ready except for a few areas.

  • Donations (on Kipp's list) and Membership not rethemed yet (need specs from Kevin) so they don't look right yet.
  • Checkout process works but will work to simplify. When add FedEx to USPS will reintroduce selection. Discounts still broken.
  • Are permissions set correctly for staff? ... should be ok. Link to d6.nynjtc.net to test. (D6 has green background on sidebars.)
  • Some sidebars are missing headers.

-- ebase / CRM (Walt -acting)

4. Set goals for next couple of weeks

5. Meeting schedule: change time of calls? Perhaps switch to 2nd and 4th Wed eves at 8:30 so other volunteers can join as well. Ann to send out feeler.
Next meeting: phone or office?

6. Parking lot (for later discussion):

Groups: