Volunteer Committee Meeting 2/11/10

Date: 
Thursday, February 11, 2010 - 1:00pm - 3:00pm
Committee: 
Volunteer
Agenda: 
1. Summary of current volunteer activity and statistics  -  Catherine
2. Youth Policy Review  -  review questions raised at Trails Council
  • Multiple car rule
  • Exceptions in emergencies
  • Medications
  • Supplemental documents
  • Application to work with youth
  • Parental permission form
  • Suspected abuse or neglect report form
3. Job Description Project 
  • Progress with trails work   
  • Plans for interviewing committee and office leaders for other work
4. Volunteer Satisfaction Survey

5. Volunteer Recognition  
  • Distinguished service award
  • Review timetable for all awards
  • Expansion of our Volunteer recognition program to include:
  • (i) The Volunteer Center of Bergen County volunteer acknowledgement program
    (ii) Volunteer of the Month recognition.
Attendees: 
Dan Van Engel, Jane Daniels, Catherine Gemmell, Bob Jonas, Ken Malkin, Estelle Anderson
Status of Minutes: 
Final
Minutes: 

Youth Policy: Some rewording will be done and some definitions changed by Chris Connolly and Daniel Chazin, to comply with comments from Board of Directors.

Job Description: Pubs: Daniel Chazin gave us description of different volunteer jobs and where volunteer help could be used. That will be at the end of these minutes.

RJ: had a suggestion that we could reach out to colleges/universities in the metro area to recruit good talent as volunteers for some of the PUBS jobs.

EA: Awards discussion: The names and award suggestions will be on a list at
the end of these minutes. We are all agreed on this list and Dan will submit 
to the Board for final approval. These awards will be given at the Annual 
Meeting in October.

Bill Myles - nominated by the Sutters to have a trail named for him. Since Harriman is not creating/naming new trails, and overlook was suggested. Dan Van Engel will contact the Sutters with this suggestion.

JD: Reviewed and commented on her Evaluation questionnaire for TM101. She will revise and present in July.

RJ: Trail Crew Incentives, Bob showed samples of an imprinted bandana
and pricing. All agreed this was a good idea DVE will contribute to cost of need be.

Next meeting: July 22, 2010 at 1 p.m. We will discuss budget for our Committee.


By Estelle Anderson