- Go Hiking
- Get Involved
- Be Informed
- Trail Store
- Our Community
- About Us
- Are you thinking about volunteering with us, but don't know where to start?
- Do you want to gain a better understanding of our organization and the volunteer opportunities available?
- Perhaps you just want to see how the Trail Conference Connects People with Nature?
Join us for one of our ORIENTATION sessions to learn more about the details of our programs, and learn the many ways you can contribute to your trails and give back to the open space you enjoy so much!
Next Orientation: TBA
Orientation sessions are held at least six times each year, in various locations within the regions our trail network covers.
The sessions run for just over an hour, with additional time at the end to talk in person with Trail Conference staff and volunteers.
Each session begins with a 15-minute presentation covering the work of the New York-New Jersey Trail Conference, who does it and who benefits from our programs. We also explain the ways in which anyone can help us achieve our mission.
A list describing the types of volunteer opportunities is provided to each attendee.
The floor is opened to questions after each presentation.
If you have any further question, please:
- Email volunteers with "Orientation" in the subject line, or
- Call the Trail Conference office at 201.512.9348.
All Trail Conference members, including new members, are also encouraged