- Go Hiking
- Get Involved
- Be Informed
- Trail Store
- Our Community
- About Us
Trail Conference Maps on Apple and Android Devices!
Enhanced trail maps from the Trail Conference are now available on Apple iOS and Android devices using the Avenza Maps app. This award-winning, free app offers users exciting ways to interact our trail maps, including the ability to pinpoint your location on a map or track your route.
- Download the free Avenza Maps app for Apple devices or Android devices.
- Look through our list of available maps at AvenzaMaps.com or click on any linked map title at the bottom of this page.
- Alternatively, go to the Map Store within the app and search for "nynjtc" or other specific search tearm.
- Tap on a map to view a preview and description.
- Install your chosen free or purchased map, and go to the Map Library within the app.
- Tap on the map to open it, and enjoy your experience!
- OPTIONAL STEP: To install purchased maps on multiple devices, or re-install maps you may have deleted, create a free account within the app. Find the Store within the app, tap the Account button, and create an account or sign in.
Enhance your experience out on the trails using the Avenza Maps app.
- Use your device's built-in GPS to see your real-time position on the map, even without an internet connection.
- Use simple multi-touch gestures to enlarge maps, add waypoints and more.
- Track your movements and check speed and distance statistics.
- Plan and measure your trail route.
- Record locations of features and add photos.
- Orient yourself with a built-in compass.
- Find locations by directly entering coordinates, and view coordinates of your current position.
- View satellite imagery of your location (internet connection needed).
- Import and export map data to share with others (internet connection needed).
- Find nearby points of interest using Google search (internet connection needed).
- Access thousands of maps directly within the app's Map Store.
- Carry all your maps on one small device.
- Record the location of a trail problem, take a photo of the problem, and send the information to the Trail Conference.
- Is the Avenza Maps app free?
- Yes. Within the app, there are both free and for-sale maps available for download.
- Do I need an internet connection to use this app?
- Initially, you will need an internet connection (WiFi or cellular service) to download the app and download digital app maps. Once a map is downloaded, it is stored on the device and is viewable and functional without an internet connection; using GPS, measuring distances, and finding coordinates can be done without service. Certain advanced tools do require an internet connection.
- Does this digital app map replace the need for a printed map?
- No. These digital app maps are not a replacement for printed maps that every trail user should have on hand. Batteries can die, software can have issues, and weather can become problematic, so we certainly suggest you carry printed maps just in case.
- I am a member of the Trail Conference. Am I eligible for a discount on these digital app maps?
- No. Discounts are currently not available on digital app maps.
- I have purchased a print map. Is the digital app map version available for free or at a discount?
- No. Discounts are currently not available on digital app maps.
- Can I view the digital app map on my computer like I might view a PDF file?
- No, each digital app map is only viewable within the app.
- Can I print out a copy of this digital app map?
- No, the app does not making printing possible.
- Should I be worried about my device's battery life?
- Battery life depends on many factors, but short trips should minimally affect your device's battery. For longer trips, you should monitor your battery life more closely. To improve battery life, try adjusting brightness, closing other background apps, and turning off extraneous things like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, notifications and e-mail syncing.
- Who should I contact if I have issues with this App?
- Visit the Avenza Maps Support Center to learn more about the app, troubleshoot, or ask questions about issues.
More than 60 great maps from the Trail Conference are currently available, including both free maps and maps available for purchase. Please note that map bundles group individual maps similar to our print map sets.
To view our complete catalog of digital app maps, visit our Trail Conference map page on AvenzaMaps.com.
Our maps are also listed here:
|Map Title||Map Numbers|
|101, 102 & 103|
4-Map Bundle - 2016
|104, 105, 106A & 106B|
|108, 109, 110, 111 & 112|
|113 & 114|
|115 & 116|
Single Map - 2016
|118 & 119 combined on one map|
Single Map - 2016
|120, 121, 122 & 123 combined on one map|
|125, 126, 127 & 128|
|Catskill Single Map
(Expanded Coverage Area)
|140, 141, 142, 143, 144 & 147 combined on one map
(plus expanded area for general reference)
|Map Title||Map Number||Parks|
|100||Sterling Forest State Park, Appalachian Trail, Tranquility Ridge County Park, Highlands Trail|
|East Hudson (South) - 2014||101||Hudson Highlands State Park Preserve, Hudson Highlands Gateway Park, Manitoga, Manitou Point Preserve, Appalachian Trail|
|East Hudson (North) - 2014||102||Hudson Highlands State Park Preserve, Fishkill Ridge Conservation Area, Mount Beacon Park|
|East Hudson (Fahnestock) - 2014||103||Fahnestock State Park, Appalachian Trail|
|Shawangunk (South) - 2016||104||Minnewaska State Park Preserve, Sam's Point Preserve, Long Path|
|Shawangunk (North) - 2016||105||Mohonk Preserve, Mohonk Mountain House, Minnewaska State Park Preserve|
|Shawangunk (Mohonk Mountain House) - 2016||106A||Mohonk Mountain House, Mohonk Preserve|
|Shawangunk (Shawangunk Ridge Wurtsboro) - 2016||106B||Shawangunk Ridge State Forest, Roosa Gap State Forest, Wurtsboro Ridge State Forest|
|South Taconic - 2015||107||Taconic State Park, Mount Washington State Forest (Mass.), 34 Miles of the Appalachian Trail in Conn. & Mass.|
|Hudson Palisades (#1) - 2014||108||Palisades Interstate Park, Flat Rock Brook Nature Center, Tenafly Nature Center, Lost Brook Preserve, Long Path|
|Hudson Palisades (#2) - 2014||109||Palisades Interstate Park, Tallman Mountain State Park, Blauvelt State Park, Clausland Mountain County Park, Buttermilk Falls County Park, Rockleigh Woods Sanctuary, Lamont Reserve, Long Path|
|Hudson Palisades (#3) - 2014||110||Hook Mountain State Park, Nyack Beach State Park, Long Path|
|Hudson Palisades (#4) - 2014||111||Rockland Lake State Park, Hook Mountain State Park, Haverstraw Beach State Park, Long Path|
|Hudson Palisades (#5) - 2014||112||High Tor State Park, South Mountain County Park, Gurnee County Park, Long Path|
|West Hudson (East) - 2015||113||Storm King State Park, Black Rock Forest, Highlands Trail|
|West Hudson (West) - 2015||114||Schunemunk Mountain State Park, Long Path, Highlands Trail|
|North Jersey (East) - 2014||115||Campgaw Mountain Reservation, Long Pond Ironworks State Park, Norvin Green State Forest, Ramapo Mountain State Forest, Ramapo Valley Reservation, Ringwood State Park, Highlands Trail|
|North Jersey (West) - 2014||116||Abram S. Hewitt State Forest, Pequannock Watershed, Wawayanda State Park, Appalachian Trail, Highlands Trail|
|Harriman-Bear Mountain (South) - 2016||118||Southern Harriman State Park, Long Path|
|Harriman-Bear Mountain (North) - 2016||119||Northern Harriman State Park, Bear Mountain State Park, Appalachian Trail, Long Path|
|Kittatinny (South 1) - 2016||120||Southern Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area, Worthington State Forest, Appalachian Trail|
|Kittatinny (South 2) - 2016||121||Southern Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area, Appalachian Trail|
|Kittatinny (North 1) - 2016||122||Northern Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area, Stokes State Forest, Appalachian Trail|
|Kittatinny (North 2) - 2016||123||Northern Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area, High Point State Park, Huckleberry Ridge State Forest, Appalachian Trail|
|Jersey Highlands (East) - 2016||125||Pyramid Mountain, Farny State Park, Wildcat Ridge Wildlife Management Area, Pequannock Watershed, Highlands Trail|
|Jersey Highlands (West) - 2016||126||Mahlon Dickerson Reservation, Mount Hope Historical Park, Rockaway River Wildlife Management Area, Highlands Trail|
|Jersey Highlands (Allamuchy/Stephens) - 2016||127||Allamuchy Mountain State Park, Stephens State Park, Highlands Trail, Morris Canal Greenway|
|Jersey Highlands (High Mountain) - 2016||128||High Mountain Park Preserve|
|Catskill (North Lake) - 2016||140||North/South Lake Campground, Escarpment Trail, Kaaterskill Falls, Long Path, North Mountain|
|Catskill (Northeastern) - 2016||141||Blackhead Range, Hunter Mountain, Devil's Path, Escarpment Trail, Tremper Mountain, Overlook Mountain, Kaaterskill Falls, North/South Lake Area, Long Path|
|Catskill (Central) - 2016||142||Panther Mountain, Balsam Mountain, Belleayre Mountain, Dry Brook Ridge, Balsam Lake Mountain, Halcott Mountain, Bearpen Mountain, Long Path|
|Catskill (Southern) - 2016||143||Slide Mountain, Burroughs Range, Peekamoose Mountain, Beaver Kill Range, Vernooy Falls, Long Path, Finger Lakes Trail|
|Catskill (Western) - 2016||144||Delaware Wild Forest, Trout Pond, Little Pond, Mongaup Pond, Frick Pond, Finger Lakes Trail|
|Catskill (Long Path North) - 2016||147||Huntersfield Mountain, Ashland Pinnacle, Richmond Mountain, Mount Pisgah, Mount Hayden, Long Path|
|Catskill Hikes - Kaaterskill Falls & North/South Lake, NY||---||North/South Lake Campground, Kaaterskill Falls, Kaaterskill Rail Trail|
...We are continually adding maps, so be sure to check back often for new additions!
Remember: Batteries die. Our printed maps are light-weight backups AND they are printed on waterproof, tear-resistant Tyvek, so be sure to visit our online store for all your print map needs!