- Go Hiking
- Get Involved
- Be Informed
- Trail Store
- Our Community
- About Us
Posted March 1st, 2009 by cgemmell
Trail Corridor Monitors monitor the boundaries of a section of the AT trail lands, maintaining boundary markings and reporting conditions to the land managers.
RESPONSIBILITIES and DUTIES:
- Walk corridor boundaries 2 to 4 times per year
- Verify monuments along the corridor boundary
- Verify boundary markers signs along the corridor boundary
- Report evidence of trespassing and misuse; such as dumping, logging, ATVs, etc.
- Be alert to improvements/ideas that could prevent trespass
- Assist Corridor Manager in handling problems discovered
- Meet trail neighbors and easement holders annually
- Re-freshen painted blazes on boundary lines in consultation with corridor manager
- Submit yearly reports on condition of corridor to corridor manager
Training in both field and skills work will be provided by the Corridor Manager, or through attendance at a New York-New Jersey Trail Conference monitoring workshop .
Commitment Type:Long Term
Duration of Assignment:1 year
TIME COMMITMENT:Cover trail 4 times per year.
Location Type:On Trail
Age Requirements:18 and older