- Go Hiking
- Get Involved
- Be Informed
- Trail Store
- Our Community
- About Us
Trail Crew Chief
Posted April 30th, 2009 by cgemmell
Supervise volunteer crew members on work trips to repair or build trails. Projects include but are not limited to: bridge building, rock work, and trail construction and design. Training is available.
NECESSARY SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS:
- Member of the New York-New Jersey Trail Conference
- Trail assessment, design, construction, repair, and evaluation skills
- Leadership experience, ability to work with and teach others
- Able to perform heavy, physical work (or able to teach others these skills through knowledge)
- Interest in hiking trail management
- Safety conscious
- Map reading skill
RESPONSIBILITIES and DUTIES:
- Coordinate, schedule, and supervise work trips to repair or build trails.
- Provide schedules and work updates for the Trail Walkerand website.
- Recruit and train new crewmembers so that their work meets NYNJTC standards.
- Teach, incorporate and use safe working habits.
- Provide annual report on volunteer hours, projects and an annual budget.
Trail U Leadership Training is available.
Commitment Type:Long Term
Duration of Assignment:1 year
TIME COMMITMENT:Minimum of four trips per year; plus relevant administration and reporting.
Location Type:On Trail
Age Requirements:18 and older