About the Program
The New Jersey Regional Trails Program enables the Trail Conference to tackle trail maintenance, construction, conservation and advocacy to help the Garden State live up to its name. From the Delaware Water Gap on its western border to the cliffs of the Palisades in the east, New Jersey has plenty to offer for trail users of all types.
The Trail Conference maintains 682 miles of trails throughout New Jersey!
Build and Maintain Trails
- Facilitate ongoing Trail Adoptions and Maintenance along approximately 682 miles of trail across six counties.
- Conduct Trail Crew work trips and Trail University workshops to train volunteers and improve trails in NJ.
Advocacy, Conservation and Stewardship
- Engage in Conservation efforts to preserve public open space for future generations.
- Engage in Advocacy against threats that would degrade or destroy trail lands.
- Tend to the Stewardship of public land with programs like the Invasives Strike Force to remove invasive species.
See what our volunteers and staff accomplished:
Join one of our Trail Crews building and restoring trails throughout the season.
Find on and off-trail Volunteer opportunities
Explore Trail Regions in New Jersey
- Bearfort Ridge and Wawayanda
- Central Jersey
- Jersey Shore
- Lenape Trail
- Morris County
- Ramapo Mountains
Support Initiatives In New Jersey
If you love the trail regions in New Jersey and love the work that the Trail Conference is doing please Donate today.
Connect With Us