Sterling Forest Trails Project
Continue the good work at Sterling State Park until Hunting season. Projects include opening trail corridors, trail tread repair and improvement, erosion mitigation and drainage, and technical dry masonry throughout the park.
- No experience is necessary, we will provide the training on site
- Work trips are led by the NYNJTC's Erik Mickelson ([email protected]).
- Tool, gloves, safety glasses, and hard hats will be provided, but you are welcome to bring your own
- Wear sturdy shoes, and long pants; bring plenty of water, and a lunch if you plan to stay all day
- Please let us know you're coming beforehand, and wait for confirmation prior to traveling to a crew trip, so that we can notify you of any last minute changes
- Trail Conference membership is not required to participate
- Be advised: crew trips can be strenuous, and fun: be prepared to exercise your body and mind!
Stay all day or pick a time:
Morning crew 9:00am-12:45pm
Lunch & New Arrivals 12:45pm-1:15pm
Afternoon crew 1:15pm-5:00pm
For more information see: Sterling Forest Trails Project page