If you have a love of the outdoors, a passion for hard work, and a thirst for knowledge, becoming a Trail Conference Conservation Corps Member might be for you.
Our Corps Members serve in National Parks, State Parks, and public lands spanning from the Delaware Water Gap in New Jersey to the Catskills in New York. Serving in these unique settings allows Corps Members to enjoy the beauty and feeling of quiet at their service sites while only being hours away from the bustle of New York City.
The Trail Conference Conservation Corps prepares its members to become professionals in their fields by doing hands on trail construction and invasive species management. Our Corps members focus on creating structured volunteer opportunities for the community including volunteer recruitment and management.
We offer leadership, project management, and some of the most comprehensive technical training in the country taught by professional trail builders and ecologists. Seasonal housing is provided upon request at the Welch Trail Education Center.
Corps members receive benefits including housing, a living stipend, and can qualify for student loan deferment, and an education award of up to $2,960.00.
2018 Corps Positions
- 4 Positions - Lower Hudson Valley
- 14 Postions - Lower Hudson Valley
- 1 Position - Lower Hudson Valley
- 3 Positions - Lower Hudson Valley
This online application must be completed in one sitting. There is not an option to save your progress and return at a later date. To complete this application, you will need:
- Current resume to copy and paste
- Contact information (phone number and email) for three professional references
- Be prepared to select the positions you are interested in applying for. Only select positions in which you are available for the entire term.
- Be prepared to answer the following short answer questions:
- Tell us why you want to be a member of our Corps and what do you hope to gain from this experience?
- Tell us about your outdoor experience. Do you have experience hiking, camping, or working in the outdoors? If you don't have much outdoor experience, please describe what you would like to learn.
Click here to apply: https://www.nynjtc.org/content/corps-application