Located in Harriman State Park the WTEC offers a beautiful Lakeside setting with rustic cabins, a communal commercial grade kitchen, and hot showers for after a hard days work! We offer classes and other workshops that are open to the public including Wilderness and Remote First Aid, CPR and AED as well as many others.
- Large dining hall and meeting space (Includes refridgerators, stove, pots, pans, dishware, washer and dryer, and library)
- Cabins for Service Corps Members (include bed, desk, chair, and shelf)
- Bunk house for volunteers (10 beds)
- Plenty of tent space
- Dock and water front on Lower Twin Lake
- Hot Showers (when water is turned on during the summer season)
- Poor/non existent cell phone service
Volunteers with the New York-New Jersey Trail Conference are welcome to stay at the Welch Trail Education Center while volunteering or attending a class or workshop to make their commute easier.
- Tent (if there is not an available bed in the Bunk House)
- Sleeping bag/bedding
- Water (if the water has not yet been turned on for the summer season)
If interested in staying at the Welch Trail Education Center or utilizing the facility YOU MUST contact [email protected] at least 24 hours in advance due to poor cell phone service and locked gate
The Welch Trail Education Center is in a gated group camps area of Harriman State Park on the south side of Route 6 between I87 and Palisades Interstate Parkway.
GPS coordinates: 41.315369, -74.079008
We are in need of lightly used or new:
- Indoor and Outdoor Games
- DVDs and Videos
- Plants and Gardening Supplies