Know the New Hiking How-tos
National Trails Day: Celebrating Trails, Connecting With Nature Virtually
Find your adventure this National Trails Day.®
The Trail Conference has been connecting people with nature for 100 years. This June, we're sharing tips on great local trails and how to enjoy them responsibly. Celebrate the joy and solace found on trails this National Trails Day!
Celebrate trails by joining us for these activities:
- Tuesday, June 2, Day Hiking Checklist: Learn how to pack your pack for a well-prepared day hike. Sign up today!
- Wednesday, June 3, Trivia for Trails: Recovery and Response Fund:* Dreaming of the outdoors? Us too! Join us for a fun-filled evening of testing your trail knowledge + winning awesome prizes! Sign up today!
- Thursday, June 4, Finding Less-Traveled Trails Webinar: The most popular trails and outdoor destinations in our region all have alternatives that are equally spectacular—and we’re sharing our favorite trails less traveled. Sign up today!
- Friday, June 5, Trail Conference Town Hall: Join Executive Director Josh Howard for an update on the state of the Trail Conference. Sign up today!
- Saturday, June 6, Wake Up + Move with MovNat: Before you head out for your favorite hike for National Trails Day, we want to help put your best foot forward with the fitness industry newest crave with a ground movement workout! Sign up today!
- Saturday, June 6, Finding Less-Traveled Trails Webinar: The most popular trails and outdoor destinations in our region all have alternatives that are equally spectacular—and we’re sharing our favorite trails less traveled. Sign up today!
Shop our Marketplace + Enter for a chance to win!
Give Back to Trails
By donating to the Recovery and Response Fund, you are supporting our innovative efforts to digitally train our volunteer force in sustainable trail building, maintenance, and invasive species identification, which will allow us to hit the ground running as soon as on-the-ground work resumes. You are enabling us to develop new ways to educate the public and help plan your family’s summer hiking trips. We are also dedicating more time to research and advocacy to ensure our government continues to invest in the protection of outdoor space.
The increased interest in nature sparked by these uncertain times can be nurtured into a full-blown passion for the outdoors. As a Trail Conference supporter, you can help establish that groundswell of conservationism and safeguard the future of trails right now.
Show your leadership in protecting parks and encouraging the responsible use of trails by making a gift to our Recovery and Response Fund
Plus: Every donation over $25 during our National Trails Week enters you for a chance to win a pair of Hoka ONE ONE trail running shoes!
*Thank you to our partners, Hudson North Cider Company and Hoka ONE ONE for their generous donation to our Trivia for Trails and National Trails Week Giveaway.