The Shawangunk Trails map set shows marked trails in Minnewaska State Park Preserve, Mohonk Preserve, Sam's Point Preserve and Mohonk Mountain House, as well as trails in other nearby parks.
Pulled from our extensive database of hikes (based mostly on Daniel Chazin's 'Hike of the Week' column that appears in the Bergen Record), the following links lead to suggested hikes that can be followed using the Shawangunk Trails map set.
Hikes in the northern Shawangunks area (click for details about each hike)
- Beacon Hill and Lake Minnewaska Easy Loop (Minnewaska)
- Bonticou Crag (Mohonk Preserve)
- Castle Point Carriageway/Lake Awosting Carriageway/Upper Awosting Carriageway Loop (Minnewaska)
- Dickie Barre, Peters Kill and Awosting Falls Loop (Mohonk Preserve)
- Gertrude's Nose Loop/Millbrook Mountain (Minnewaska)
- Ice Caves and Verkeerderkill Falls (Sam's Point Preserve)
- Millbrook Mountain via Millbrook Ridge Trail (Mohonk Preserve)
- Mossy Glen/Blueberry Run/Castle Point Carriageway Loop (Minnewaska)
- Mossy Glen/Blueberry Run/Long Path/Hamilton Point Loop (Minnewaska)
- Mossy Glen/Long Path/Castle Point/Hamilton Point Loop (Minnewaska)
- North Lookout at Mohonk Preserve (Mohonk Preserve)
- Northeast Crags/Bonticou Crag Loop from Spring Farm (Mohonk Preserve)
- Old Minnewaska Trail and Undivided Lot Trail (Mohonk Preserve)
- Short and Scenic Loop Hike on Bullwheel, High Peters Kill, and Red Trails (Minnewaska)
- Spring Farm to Mohonk Mountain House #1 (Mohonk Preserve & Mohonk Mountain House)
- Spring Farm to Mohonk Mountain House #2 (Mohonk Preserve & Mohonk Mountain House)
- Undercliff/Overcliff Carriage Roads Loop (Mohonk Preserve)
While the Trail Conference is not a hiking club, a number of independent member clubs do sponsor hikes in the New Jersey Highlands. Visit our Member Clubs page for a listing of these clubs and links to their webpages.