Recent Posts

• Reply to: Welcome to the Viewpoint Forum   15 years 1 month ago
    It's all looking good so far. The rearrangement of categories works very well. One cavil, though... In the forums, it is sometimes difficult to see who posted a given comment. There's not enough contrast between that text and the background. Something more visible would be a boon... Joe P.
  • Reply to: Trail Conditions Forum   15 years 1 month ago
    Hiked from Ferguson road to near route 52 today. I didn't encounter anything more than the normal after winter trail conditions. Still several inches of snow in the woods without a southern exposure though. No snow on the top of the ridge. The same for the gobbler Knob area as I walked that a few days ago. I will check Wurtsboro ridge soon.
    The steep clime up Buck Mtn on the yellow trail requires some type of ladder or steps. Even in the summer when it's relatively dry, it's treacherous @ best.
  • Reply to: General and Off Topic   15 years 1 month ago
    I am tired of hearing The Conference pushing for the bigger better bottle bill in NY. I do not support it and I've written my state reps with my opinion. I wonder how many members support this hidden tax which in my opinion will do little or nothing to reduce litter as there are millions of containers that already have deposits that are strewn along the roadsides. It is merely a political gimmick to raise revenues without actually taxing consumers as unreturned bottle deposits are kept by the state.
  • Reply to: Welcome to the Viewpoint Forum   15 years 1 month ago
    I'm glad it's back. It will be nice to have a central place to ask weather and trail condition questions instead of tracking people down on Flickr or other groups that aren't solely focused on NY and NJ trails.

Many trails above 700 feet in the Shawangunks, Black Rock Forest, Storm King S. P and Schunemunk Mtn. S. P. remain partially blocked due to the ice storms in December and January. Contact parks directly to find out what the conditions are. Use the Find a Park feature under Go Hiking to get contact info for many parks.

LarryWheelock - N.Y. West Hudson Reg. Rep

New York - New Jersey Trail Conference

156 Ramapo Valley Road

Mahwah, NJ 07430

T 201-512-9348 X16

M 973-650-3228

• Reply to: Welcome to the Viewpoint Forum   15 years 2 months ago
    We don't have a list of them and many were anonymous. We will widely advertise the reincarnation in the e-Walker and Trail Walker. If you were a previous forum user and know some of the others, let them know that we are alive and well.
  • Reply to: Welcome to the Viewpoint Forum   15 years 3 months ago
    Would it make sense to send everyone an email who participated in Viewpoint at nynjtc.org and tell them that it is now working here?