Recent Posts

• Reply to: Gear   14 years 4 months ago
    I Have not been there in awhile but try Campmor 810 Route 17 North Paramus, New Jersey 07652 and Campmor.com also Trail Conference members get a discount.
  • Reply to: Gear   14 years 4 months ago
    I'm looking for winter hiking gear outlet in the southeastern Catskills to Greenwood Lake NY area. Must have a good selection of womens gear. I tried quite a few stores, even Cabellas in PA and am having trouble finding much of a selection for women. Looking mostly for boots, but also high tech hiking pants.
  • Reply to: General and Off Topic   14 years 4 months ago
    In NY: Fahnestock State Park, MInnewaska SP.
  • Reply to: Trail Conditions Forum   14 years 4 months ago
    Tried to hike this on 12/27/09 and I could not cross the Wanaque River due to the amount of rain and snow melt from previous week. Was well over boot height and moving swiftly.
    Can anyone let me know where the best places to ski are? The only one I can come up with Blue Mountain Lakes Area.
    The vandals have also struck the Parker Cabin Hollow and White Bar Trails. On PCH many of the blazes have been bashed (with a stick?) or stabbed (with a knife?). On the White Bar - from 106 to the Nurian (as far as I went) most blazes have been defaced with a black marker. There are some angry people our there. Donald Hecht
    We've been informed that the bridge reconstruction project near Lake Kanawauke is now finished, and that Rt. 106 is now clear and open all the way! Ed Goldstein
    NJ permits Sunday bow hunting ONLY in Wildlife Management Areas.  Wear blaze orange... or don't hike during bow season in a WMA in NJ.  
    Hey BT, This site seems to have died down since the end of summer. People are still learing about it, I guess. Andy
    How much usage does this site get??