Recent Posts

• Reply to: General and Off Topic   14 years 4 months ago
    The following states do not allow hunting on Sunday: PA, NJ, and MA. Can any one add to the list???
  • Reply to: Trail Conditions Forum   14 years 4 months ago
    An organized group of Visigoths is committing criminal mischief in Harriman Park. Not content with performing their evil work on the AT, Blue Disc, Sign and Map removals in Doodletown, Little Doe and Rock house MT cairn desecration , Myles Bench eradication with a chain saw, they now have struck Poached Eggs destroying the cairn on Pine Meadow Road and the initial three blazes posted at that site. These are not individual acts of Vandalism but are part of a highly organized network of destructive vermin. respectfully, dave sutter
  • Reply to: Gear   14 years 5 months ago
    We are clearing out the gear closet, and would love to find good homes for these three packs: Gregory Forester, Men's size Large--gently used (less than two weeks total of trail use). This pack was purchased in '05. Arc'teryx Bora 75, Women's size Medium--barely used (four total days of trail use). This pack was also purchased in '05. The above are two super-solid packs, just a little too heavy for our purposes. Osprey Stratos 40, size Medium--gently used (probably has a month of trail use, non-consecutive days). I love this pack, but discovered too late that it is the wrong size for me. All reasonable offers considered, I am located in Brooklyn. Thanks!
  • Reply to: Gear   14 years 5 months ago
    I agree with Jay--I carried a Contrail on my (almost)thru of the AT this year, and there were plenty of places where the large footprint made it difficult to pitch properly. Setting it up on a tent platform takes some doing, especially if the platform does not have eyehooks around the perimeter. I plan on finishing with a Big Agnes Seedhouse. Much smaller, and still able to house me and my pack.
  • Reply to: General and Off Topic   14 years 5 months ago
    Happy Thanksgiving. BT
  • Reply to: Hike Recommendations   14 years 5 months ago
    Hi,    it would be best to contact the Ringwood State Park Office to confirm the rules and perhaps get permission.  I know the Park closes at sunset - so you will definitely need to check with them.   The phone number is 973.962.7031.
    Looking for the AT Maps for PA. Is any one selling theres??
  • Reply to: Meetup/Ride Share   14 years 5 months ago
    With the New Year almost here; I would like to hook up with some and finish the AT. Would like to do the AT south of the Delaware River Gap but I would re Hike portions in MA, CT, NY or NJ. BT
    Planning a mid-winter midnight campfire with kids in Ringwood. Not an overnight, just a late night in and out hike with hot choc, smores etc. Want to make sure I know the rules and can find a great spot with just enough adventure. What's my best source for info and guidance? Thanks in advance for any help.
  • Reply to: General and Off Topic   14 years 5 months ago
    Planning a mid-winter midnight campfire with kids in Ringwood. Not an overnight, just a late night in and out hike with hot choc, smores etc. Want to make sure I know the rules and can find a great spot with just enough adventure. What's my best source for info and guidance? Thanks in advance for any help.